Social Media Executive
We are looking for a driven, hard-working and highly organised Social Media Executive with social media agency background to join our communications team at Grayling London, working solely on one of the company’s biggest and most important clients.
The client is a world-leading technology brand, producing high-quality mobile phones and other premium lifestyle products. Our role is to manage the client’s global social media channels, across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated social media team, with day-to-day responsibilities including community management of a global audience, management of influencer collaborations, reporting and live content creation at client and industry events.
You’ll be a fast-learner, someone who can quickly get to grips with new clients and the developer industry, and a great writer. This role will be client-facing from day one, so you’ll have the confidence and gravitas needed to liaise with client contacts.
This is a unique, full-on role for an ambitious, motivated candidate with a positive, can-do attitude, who loves social media and engaging with audiences, and who’s looking to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment for one of the world’s most high-profile technology brands.
Join the UK’s best-connected agency, winner of this year’s Best Place to Work by PRWeek.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally already has some social media experience at an agency, with a focus on community management and social content creation
- Strong knowledge and confident use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn)
- Excellent organisation skills, including time management. Able to multitask and manage multiple deadlines
- Impeccable attention-to-detail with ability to spot typos easily, and takes absolute pride in the quality of their written work particularly around social media community management
- Excellent written skills for creating engaging social media copy
- Strong computer skills (PPT, EXCEL, WORD). Photoshop skills are an advantage
- Confident use of social media advertising platforms (e.g. Ad Manager) is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, social platforms, e-mail, etc – the ability to empathise and respond appropriately to customer enquiries on social media is essential
- Analytical thinker, capable of learning fast and quickly adapting to new tools and platforms
- Experience of influencer relations/campaign management is an advantage
- Curious: a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop
- Proactive, quick working and self-motivated team player
- Tenacious and hard working
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Proven ability and experience in research
- Graduate or equivalent qualification
- Community management of social media channels – including proactive and reactive engagement with fans, responding to customer service enquiries, identifying and engaging with superfans and building rapport with those core fans, and identifying and selecting the best user-generated content for re-sharing.
- Development of social media content calendars across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn with the support of the (senior) account manager.
- Content scheduling and posting across channels – including posting content from approved content calendars and posting ad hoc content, as requested by the client
- Report creation and management – including weekly and monthly activity reporting, regular client updates and analysis of data to optimise future activity
- Working with the team to help manage influencer collaborations – including identifying influencers to work with, developing creative ideas for the collaboration, liaison with influencers and their agents to arrange activity and measurement and reporting of campaign success
About Grayling Communications
Grayling is a PR and communications agency with nine UK offices and global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services.
We are incredibly proud to have been selected as winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. We hugely value our brilliant colleagues and work hard to provide the best possible working environment.
At Grayling, you can expect an energetic working environment in our London office, which is only a short walk from the infamous Leather Lane food market. We have weekly Thursday social drinks and finish early (4pm) on Fridays. We also run regular Lunch & Learns, where you can grab a free pizza and learn about a new topic. Other benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, free fruit, a company pension scheme, discounted gyms and an increasing holiday scheme up to 30 days.
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back