Talent Acquisition Specialist
Who We Are
Grayling is the UK’s best-connected communications agency. With nine offices across the UK and 30 offices around the world, we create advantage for our clients through insight-led campaigns that deliver tangible results.
Join the UK’s best-connected agency, winner of this year’s Best Place to Work by PRWeek.
Our teams’ skills are broad, ranging from consumer communications, corporate reputation and political engagement to design, digital and social media. And our culture is friendly, diverse and inclusive – we are incredibly proud to have been selected as winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. We hugely value our brilliant colleagues and work hard to provide the best possible working environment.
We work hard and we play hard, with team socials and benefits including 4pm Friday finishes, regular training workshops, a company pension scheme and discounted gym membership. And we’re growing fast, winning pitches and looking for the best talent to join us.
Who We Want
We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills, with a desire to build a talent pipeline in Grayling. This is an opportunity to bring innovative practices into Grayling and partner with Directors and their teams to shape the organisation by recruiting the right people into the right roles.
We are looking for someone who understands our industry and who has ideally worked in a recruitment or talent acquisition role with an established network that they can dive into.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, a team player, creative thinker and naturally curious, with a desire to make a difference in Grayling.
We are looking for a candidate to start in either a permanent or fixed-term position.
What Is Needed
In this role, you will support across the agency delivering effective search strategies, developing robust talent pipelines of dynamic candidates and helping us to continue to build our employer brand.
Your role will involve partnering with various stakeholders to understand business, department and position needs to develop recruiting strategies to source, attract and fill key positions.
You will take responsibility for the end-end recruitment cycle, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Work with the Head of People on resourcing requirements
- Take the lead in meetings with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs
- Develop an effective sourcing and interview strategy in partnership with hiring managers and see this through to completion
- Incorporate strategies to attract diverse talent, to align with Grayling’s diversity and inclusion strategy, which involves increasing the BAIM population across our agency
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand talent pipeline requirements and proactively head hunt suitable candidates, with an agreed collaborative approach in place
- Work with a sense of urgency to manage recruitment campaigns effectively
- Formulate engaging job postings to attract key talent, customising content to account for regional variations
- Promote vacancies in a number of different ways to attract a diverse candidate pool
- Engage and assess candidates, adopting techniques to eliminate bias, so as to determine their suitability
- Support hiring managers with appointment and selection decisions
- Partner with the hiring manager to negotiate salary terms, working with the Head of People to ensure that offers are equitable
- Provide timely responses to candidates, recruiters and internal stakeholders, to ensure that there is consistent high quality and that Grayling is represented in a positive light
- Manage the onboarding process and partner with HR to ensure that the candidate has an induction plan in place and an exceptionally positive experience
- Use and where appropriate enhance the internal Greenhouse recruiting system to manage the end-end recruitment cycle, including onboarding activity
- Support hiring managers so that they are able to confidently use Greenhouse when required
- Update and manage the Greenhouse system on a timely basis to ensure up to date and accurate reporting is possible
- Produce reports to update the Head of People on recruitment activity
- Coach hiring managers to help them develop new practices and capabilities with regards to interviews and selection procedures.
- Provide guidance to key members of the HR Team in recruitment processes
- Ensure that Grayling values are reflected in the way that you work to provide an optimal candidate and stakeholder experience
- Lead or participate in continuous business process improvement, including building our employer brand
- Build and leverage industry networks (business resource groups, professional organisations) to become an expert and continually grow and develop the talent pipeline
- Attend key industry/function related events where relevant
- Keep up to date with industry news, proposing and implementing best practice into Grayling
Your Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable track record of having delivered a significant numbers of hires, ideally in the Communications – PA/PR space
- Degree qualification ideal, but not essential if you have extensive recruitment / talent acquisition experience
- An articulate people person, with the ability to influence coupled with a high degree of emotional intelligence and integrity
- A deep understanding of social/online talent communities and how to leverage them to identify prospective candidates
- Mastery of LinkedIn Recruiter and knowledge of boolean techniques, together with other innovative search capability
- Ideally experienced in the use of Greenhouse and running reports / producing presentations to showcase recruitment activity
- Experience in the use of other search tools that could be adopted by Grayling
- Enthusiastic with a Can Do attitude and willingness to work as part of the HR team to multitask and support the organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships quickly across all levels of the business
- Exceptional organisation, with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and adapt quickly to accommodate changing priorities, ensuring that deadlines are met autonomously
We would like someone who will exhibit Grayling’s values: Curious, Connected, Committed
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.
Policies and procedures
You are expected to uphold, safeguard and promote the organisation’s values and philosophies relating particularly to ethics, environment, people and community as referenced in the Grayling company guidelines.
£40-50,000 + incentive
How to apply
We would love to hear from you! If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply here by sending us your CV and covering letter. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage phone interview with one of our team members.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back