Social Account Director
We are looking for a hard-working and highly organised Social Media / Digital Account Director to join the social media team at Grayling, working solely on one of the company’s biggest and most important clients. The successful candidate will be an out and out team player, quickly building a strong and trusted rapport with both colleagues and client teams. Switched on to the latest social media trends and innovations, with a proactive mindset, strong attention-to-detail and a can-do attitude.
The client is a world-leading technology brand, producing high-quality mobile phones and other premium lifestyle products. Our role is to manage the client’s global social media channels, across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This is a unique, full-on role for an ambitious, motivated candidate; who’s looking to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment for one of the world’s most high-profile technology brands and loves all things social media.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience working for a leading social media/digital agency or in-house at a global/large-scale consumer or technology brand. Proven experiences in serving clients in China are an advantage
- Excellent understanding of the use of and role of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn) and keeps on top of new features and platforms, such as TikTok
- Exceptional written skills and close attention to detail to support team with content/copy creation and proofing junior team’s work. Excellent English written skills and professional verbal communication skill in Mandarin Chinese
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle multiple and changing priorities, working well under pressure. Excellent organisation skills and time management are key for the role
- In-depth understanding of social analytics and insights to inform strategy, and extensive use of social listening tools
- Strong strategic planning skill to complete social media proposal independently, or work as a reliable team-player to accomplish integrated proposal with different teams, such as PR, creative, studio, strategy, etc.
- Strong project management and organisational skill to follow a project from conception to execution
- A confident client-facing consultant, providing thoughtful counsel, regular updates and fulfilling the role of lead day-to-day agency contact for the client
- Strong computer skills (PPT, Excel, Word etc)
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with suppliers and partners (e.g. video producers and designers), including creation of briefs, budgets and reports
- Working with different team heads to develop and implement the most effective social channel and content strategy/plans for the client’s consumer business
- Supporting the team (AE-AM levels) with social media management and content planning, providing counsel and upskilling on best practice where needed
- Being lead day-to-day client contact, inspiring the team to deliver results, attending meetings, leading brainstorms, calls, daily client liaison, managing timelines and deadlines, ensuring the client scope of work is delivered on a day-to-day basis, etc
- Responsible for internal quality control before any documents are shared with clients or published on social channels; feeding back to the junior team to improve the quality of their work to ensure no room for error
- Working with the team to develop creative and innovative content ideas for global channels tailored for each project, as well as KOL (influencer) collaborations
- Working with the Digital Director on leading and executing global social campaigns with the support of the team; tracking performance to optimize for impressive social results and keeping clients updated on progress
- Going above and beyond to deliver results for this world-leading client – this is a demanding but highly rewarding role, working with a great team in a supportive and collaborative culture. Given the global nature of the work, you’ll sometimes be required to work outside of normal business hours and travel overseas.
- Optional: basic creative development tasks, like photography, social video production, basic designing tasks
About Grayling Communications
Grayling is a PR and communications agency with a global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back