Public Affairs Senior Consultant/Manager – Transport & Environmental policies
The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Consultant/Manager (exact title TBC based on experience) to grow its Transport & Environment practice.
The role would involve:
- closely monitoring transport & environmental policy developments
- managing client requests and small to medium projects autonomously
- providing detailed EU PA or Comms strategic advice to clients in the energy & transport sectors
- liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients
- managing junior staff
- identifying new business opportunities, supporting in new business proposals as well as marketing initiatives aimed at growing the practice
Skills & Experience – The candidate must have:
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in public affairs.
- A thorough understanding of European policies and the workings of the EU institutions;
- Strong expertise (including past working experience) in EU transport & environmental policies, including on most of the following topics: decarbonisation, transport emissions, alternative fuels, electrification, ETS, aviation taxation, smart mobility, connected cars, …
- Excellent overall communication skills including writing, oral, and presentation skills;
- A proven track record in lobbying and/or advocacy vis à vis the EU institutions, either in a consultancy, “in-house” or in a trade association; previous experience in a consultancy is a plus.
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Have good organizational and project management skills;
- Be a team player, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work attitude;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable;
- Be able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team;
What are we offering in return?
- Be part of an award-winning team of 20+ consultants
- An outstanding team spirit
- The chance to work for an exciting range of brands and organisations
- An exciting and challenging role, with personal development and further career opportunities
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a short introductory email/letter explaining your motivations and how you meet the above requirements to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is the 16th of June 2021. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early applications are appreciated.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back