Associate Director – Consumer Team
We have an exciting opportunity for a tenacious and ambitious Consumer PR person to join our growing London team, working across a diverse range of clients in the consumer tech, food and drink, entertainment, consumer finance and lifestyle sectors. The successful candidate will have both strong consumer and ‘corpsumer’ skills and have experience both across global hub and integrated campaign work. They will also provide operational support to senior directors by managing a portfolio of clients, managing account teams and contributing to organic and new business development initiatives.
- Provides strategic counsel and advice to clients, developing and delivering innovative, insightful and integrated campaigns
- Finger on the culture pulse and haring of rising trends with the wider team, leading, empowering and supporting them in the delivery of their roles
- Develops new business and leads the process with prospective and existing clients, monitoring and developing opportunities to secure commercial growth for the division and the wider business
- Protects revenue and builds long-term success by building strong relationships at the highest levels in client organisations and within Grayling
- Develops long term client satisfaction by managing and implementing client service programmes
- Creates budgets and manages them profitably, ensuring a balance between client service and profitability and providing rationale to the client demonstrating added value
- Assists with business planning for the division through the analysis and evaluation of opportunities, risks and threats, resulting in a commercially astute plan
- Supports the senior directors in key decision making and calculated risk taking to the benefit of the division and the wider business.
- Defines KPIs and measurement metrics, using them to increase client satisfaction and improve divisional performance
- Leads, motivates and develops account teams and individuals using progressive people management techniques and company processes, ensuring the optimum combination of skills and experience to achieve excellent results for clients
- Connects with colleagues from across the Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to develop global clients for commercial benefit and to enhance professional development and learning
- Develops and maintains an active network of business contacts for the commercial benefit of the company
- Continually develops own professional competencies and industry knowledge to ensure skills and experience remain ahead of the curve sharing this knowledge with others to enhance their development
A range of account and budget responsibilities in local markets and run a key global account relationship. Manages senior client relationships on a regular basis. Likely to manage 1 – 5 employees either as line or operational manager.
Internal – account team and other department members, regular contact with colleagues across the business including international, up to and including CEO level
External – holds senior client relationships, journalists and media professionals, suppliers, professional bodies
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent strategic understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Global brand experience
- Integrated campaigns and multi-channel delivery
- Digitally savvy
- Ability to convert new business opportunities to revenue
- Highly commercially astute and decisive
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Incisive, creative and strategic problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident networker
- Organised with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational leader
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
Who we are?
Grayling UK is a PR and communications agency with global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services. We have a great bunch of people across our nine regional offices, from Southampton to Edinburgh.
We are incredibly proud to have recently been chosen as PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’ and value our open and supportive environment.
What can you expect?
You can expect an exciting and dynamic working environment and our culture is driven by our values, which are to be Curious, Connected and Committed. We have regular team socials and finish early on Fridays.
We encourage personal development. From day one you will be given autonomy and exposure to our interesting and varied clients. You’ll also be able to sign up to our range of training workshops, from writing courses to sessions on commercial finance, resilience, creativity and many more!
How can I apply?
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply by sending us your CV and a cover letter. If successful, you will be invited to attend a first stage interview with two of our team members.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back