Grayling announces new global team and investment in agency-wide wellbeing and cultural initiatives
October 6th, 2023
Grayling, the integrated global communications company, has today outlined its vision to elevate its core value and culture of connectivity through the appointment of a senior global team, as well as increased investment into a wide-ranging programme of operational and cultural initiatives to unite the agency around the world.
Nathan Kemp, previously Head of Ignite, Grayling’s planning and creative function, has been elevated to Global Head of Creative and Planning, to lead a growing global team of creatives and strategists with a focus on delivering world class campaigns. Prior to joining Grayling in 2018, Kemp led the creative services team at M&C Saatchi PR.
Kat McGettigan moves into the newly created role of Global Head of Growth. Kat has previously been Head of Grayling Manchester, as well as Head of Consumer at Grayling and at M&C Saatchi PR. Kat will lead a new global function to drive multi-market new business and client growth.
Ben Petter, previously Head of Central & Eastern Europe, has also been promoted to COO, Europe. Due to the scale of Grayling’s European network of 26 offices, it was critical that the newly-formed global team had a strong European understanding and emphasis. Ben has been at Grayling for over 10 years and is based in Prague.
As part of these changes, Grayling has made its biggest-ever commitment to agency-wide cultural initiatives: significant investment has been made to ensure that Grayling staff worldwide feel more connected to each other and the business, and that best practice and local understanding is shared seamlessly across markets.
Five key programmes include:
- Global investment into wellbeing initiatives that give all colleagues free access to mental health and wellbeing training as well as the opportunity to speak to mental health first aiders
- A globally-aligned training programme, giving teams access to over 100 developmental programmes, supported by a series of inspiring speakers to promote creativity; inclusion & cultural understanding
- Investment into a global network of over 75 creative champions, connecting colleagues globally and inspiring ideas from all over the world
- Successful rollout of a UK Diversity & Inclusion taskforce – Advantage for All – ensuring every voice is represented at Grayling, now being rolled out globally
- The launch of a global Grayling podcast featuring weekly speakers from all our offices, to connect our colleagues around the world.
Global Chief Executive, Sarah Scholefield, commented: “Creating a senior central team, focused on our global ambition, gives us the opportunity to bring our teams, our clients, our ways of working and our agency culture closer together. I am delighted that Nathan, Ben and Kat are moving into these roles as they all bring a wealth of experience and share big ambitions to win more global clients; grow our existing business and support in creating a truly global Grayling culture.
“Ensuring the well-being of our colleagues around the world has been my number one priority over the last 12 months. We are continuing to make significant investment to ensure teams are well supported through training programmes and mental health support, as well as creating opportunities for us all to learn and share knowledge, no matter where we are in the world.”