Senior Account Manager
We are looking for a driven, hard-working and highly organised Senior Account Manager with PR agency background to join our communications team at Grayling London, working solely on one of the company’s biggest and most important clients.
The client is a world-leading technology brand, producing high-quality mobile phones and other premium lifestyle products. Our role is to work with the client globally on their software business to take them to higher grounds.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of effective and creative PR solutions which surprise and delight Grayling’s clients by building strong relationships with the media and client teams and by managing internal teams and processes skillfully.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 5-6 years PR agency experience, ideally with global account experience
- Experience in the B2B and B2C technology space is ideal
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Commercially aware and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
- Utilises knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients, managing and supporting the Account Executive/Senior Account Executive in the delivery of their roles
- Interprets and responds to client briefs and develops effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions and advice for the benefit of the client
- Contributes to crisis management plans and provides support to senior consultants
- Creates news stories and builds media relationships that will deliver coverage, using the full range of approaches
- Contributes to new business solutions, leveraging previous relevant experience, specialist skills and knowledge while merchandising Grayling’s offer effectively
- Assists the senior management team in developing long term client satisfaction by engaging with client service programmes
- Monitors the media landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional Grayling products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
- Understands and manages the relationship between client service and profitability, escalating any issues to the appropriate level
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Manages personal and team time meticulously, identifying and resolving time based issues effectively as well as assisting junior staff in managing their workloads
- Seeks out training initiatives and learning opportunities to enhance personal and team development, keeping up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and applying this knowledge in their work
- Manages and develops junior staff using the appropriate people management techniques, resolving or escalating issues promptly and fairly, and championing achievements
- Supports the senior team with meticulous management and delivery of all reporting and administration using the appropriate business processes
- Develops a personal network of internal and external industry contacts, identifying new business opportunities resulting from these contacts to the benefit of the Grayling business
- Internal – account team and other department members, colleagues across the business, including international. May manage 1 to 3 junior staff.
- External – client team, journalists and media professionals, suppliers
About Grayling Communications
Grayling is a PR and communications agency with nine UK offices and global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services.
We are incredibly proud to have recently been shortlisted for PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’ and value our open and supportive environment.
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back