Public Affairs Senior Manager
The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Manager to lead its Energy & Environment practice in Brussels.
They will be responsible for independently overseeing several client accounts within the energy sector, managing their budgets, ensuring client satisfaction, and obtaining the desired results for the clients’ business.
They should have strong knowledge of the sector, be able to provide detailed PA/PR strategic advice to clients, but also manage an account team & organise their work.
They will also be asked to take the lead on new business development, identifying new business opportunities and taking the lead in new business proposals as well as marketing initiatives aimed at growing the practice.
They should also feel comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients and in representing Grayling in outside fora.
Finally, they should be hands-on, always be ready to support his/her team, to roll-out his/her sleeves and help on day-to-day activities.
Skills & Experience – The candidate must have:
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in European public affairs;
- Strong expertise (including past working experience) in EU energy and environmental policies;
- A proven track record in lobbying and/or advocacy vis à vis the EU institutions;
- A solid knowledge of the trade associations’ dynamics; previous working experience in a trade association and/or a consultancy is a plus;
- Excellent overall communication skills including writing, oral, and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of the EU media landscape, communications/PR also appreciated;
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Have outstanding organizational and project management skills;
- Be a team player, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work attitude;
- Have excellent interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable;
- Be able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team;
What are we offering in return?
- Be part of an award-winning team of 20+ consultants
- An outstanding team spirit
- The chance to work for an exciting range of brands and organisations
- An exciting and challenging role, with personal development and further career opportunities
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover paragraph (in the body of the email) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 5 March 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back