PA Energy & Environment Senior Consultant
The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is seeking to bolster its current EU Public Affairs team by hiring an experienced Senior Consultant to grow its Energy & Environment practice.
Their role would involve managing client requests autonomously, providing detailed EU PA strategic advice to clients when called upon, managing small to medium size projects and providing added value in both client and team meetings. They should be “hands-on” and be comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients and in representing Grayling in outside fora. Finally, they should be able to manage junior staff.
Skills & Experience – The candidate must have:
- Minimum two to four years’ experience in public affairs.
- A thorough understanding of European policies and the workings of the EU institutions;
- Strong expertise (including past working experience) in EU energy and environment policies; the ideal candidate would be familiar with most of the following files: Energy Efficiency Directive, Renewable Energy Directive, Energy Performance of Buildings Directive, Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Framework, Energy Taxation Directive, Electricity Regulation, Effort Sharing Regulation, Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Excellent overall communication skills including writing, oral, and presentation skills;
- A proven track record in lobbying and/or advocacy vis à vis the EU institutions, either in a consultancy, “in-house” or in a trade association;
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Have good organizational and project management skills;
- Be a team player, with a hands-on and solutions-driven work attitude;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable;
- Be able to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team;
What are we offering in return?
- Be part of an award-winning team of 20+ consultants
- An outstanding team spirit
- The chance to work for an exciting range of brands and organisations
- An exciting and challenging role, with personal development and further career opportunities
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a short introductory email in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is the 15th of March 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back