Digital/Social Media Manager
We are looking for a driven, hard-working and highly organised Digital / Social Media Manager to join the social media team at Grayling, working solely on one of the company’s largest and most important clients. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, with strong attention-to-detail, exceptional copy-writing skills and switched-on to the latest social media trends and innovations.
The client is a world-leading technology brand, producing high-quality mobile phones and other premium lifestyle products.
This role will support management of the client’s global social media accounts, across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn – for their consumer software business. You will work into a global team that is spread across UK, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated digital and social media team, with day-to-day responsibilities including production of best-in-class social media campaigns and content, working closely with a dedicated creative studio team to deliver world-class content, community management, project management, live content creation at client and industry events, data analysis, reporting, and paid media management.
This is a unique, full-on role for an ambitious, motivated candidate with a positive, can-do attitude, who’s looking to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment for one of the world’s most high-profile technology brands and loves all things social media.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- 3 years’ experience working for a top digital / social media agency or brand
- Strong knowledge and confident use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn) and keeps on top of new features and platforms
- Exceptional written skills for creating and editing engaging social media copy and content, with close attention to detail to avoid any typos or room for error
- Comfortable using social media management tools for scheduling content, community management and reporting
- A confident client-facing consultant, providing thoughtful counsel, regular updates and fulfilling the role of lead day-to-day agency contact for the client
- Excellent organisation skills, including time management and attention-to-detail
- Strong computer skills (PPT, Excel, Word etc). Photoshop skills are an advantage but not crucial
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with suppliers and partners (e.g. video producers and designers), including creation of briefs, budgets and reports
- Analytical thinker, capable of learning fast and quickly adapting to new tools and platforms
- Creative thinker, capable of developing digital campaign ideas that benefit the client brand as well as engages users
- Proven experience of social media data analysis and insights reporting
- Exposure to paid strategy and planning
- End-to-end campaign and project management experience, including insights, planning, logistics and admin, and data analysis and reporting
- Experience in developing influencer strategies, identifying the right influencers, and managing influencers
- Being the day-to-day client contact – Inspiring the team to deliver results, attending meetings, leading brainstorms, calls, daily client liaison, managing timelines and deadlines, ensuring the client scope of work is delivered on a day-to-day basis, etc.
- Development of creative ideas and content – Across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube – working with the social team to develop creative engagement/activation ideas and content, source and commission imagery/video assets, write engaging copy and manage the client feedback and approval process
- Community management of social media channels – as part of the team, you’ll also be responsible for community management (alongside 1-2 other executives), including content posting/scheduling, proactive and reactive engagement with fans, responding to customer service enquiries, identifying and engaging with superfans, and identifying and selecting the best user-generated content for re-sharing
- Report creation and management – working with the team to create weekly and monthly client reports, regular client updates and analysis of data to optimise future activity
- Going above and beyond to deliver results for this world-leading client – this is a demanding but highly rewarding role, working with a great team in a supportive and collaborative culture. Given the global nature of the work, you will sometimes be required to work outside of normal business hours and travel overseas.
About Grayling Communications
Grayling is a PR and communications agency with nine UK offices and global reach. Our core teams cover consumer brand marketing and corporate reputation management, public affairs, public sector, digital marketing and content creation, crisis support, consultation and stakeholder engagement services.
We are incredibly proud to have recently been shortlisted for PRWeek’s ‘Best Places to Work’ and value our open and supportive environment.
At Grayling, you can expect an energetic working environment in our London office, which is only a short walk from the infamous Leather Lane food market. We have weekly Thursday social drinks and finish early (4pm) on Fridays. We also run regular Lunch & Learns, where you can grab a free pizza and learn about a new topic. Other benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, free fruit, a company pension scheme, discounted gyms and an increasing holiday scheme up to 30 days.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back