Consultant – Public Affairs
The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is looking to hire in its Brussels office one public affairs consultant, ideally able to start as of April 2021.
Their role would involve supporting on the day-to-day client work, monitoring relevant EU policies, coordinating basic public affairs and communications activities, providing strategic advice to clients when called upon and provide added-value in both client and team meetings. They would also be expected to support on new business development. They should be “hands-on” and be comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders on behalf of Grayling and clients and in representing Grayling in outside fora.
They would work in our Food practice.
Skills & Experience – The candidate must have:
- At least two years of experience in public affairs in Brussels, with prior experience in a consultancy, private company or trade association being a plus;
- Excellent overall communication skills including writing, oral, and presentation skills;
- A thorough understanding of European policies and how the European institutions work;
- A good understanding of and an interest in EU food policies;
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player and quick learner
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable
- Have good organisational and inter-personal skills
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team; and
- Have a “work hard to play hard!” attitude
What are we offering in return?
- Be part of an award-winning team of 20+ consultants
- An outstanding team spirit
- The chance to work for an exciting range of brands and organisations
- An exciting and challenging role – with personal development and career opportunities
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover paragraph (in the body of the email) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 19 February 2021.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back