Communications Intern – Public Affairs department
The global Public Affairs and Communications Consultancy, Grayling, is looking to appoint in its Brussels office one paid intern, ideally able to start as of January 2021 for a six-month period.
The intern would have a horizontal position, supporting all our thematic practices in the day-to-day client work, with a focus on communications and media relations:
- Development of communication tools
- Formatting/design of PA/PR products or liaison with external designers
- Management of social media accounts
- Development of press materials & outreach to journalists
- Support in events organisation
They should be “hands-on” and be comfortable in liaising with external stakeholders and suppliers on behalf of Grayling.
Skills & Experience – The candidate must:
- Be a young graduate or finalising a University degree (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. Public and Media Relations, Communications, etc.)
- Have at least 6 months of experience working in the PR/communications sector.
- Have a basic understanding of the EU institutional system and the EU Public Affairs world and demonstrate willingness to learn.
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player and quick learner
- Be able to take initiatives and demonstrate pro-activeness
- Be native or fluent in English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable
- Have good organisational and inter-personal skills
- Be at ease when working in a multi-national team; and
- Have a “work hard to play hard!” attitude
What are we offering in return?
- Be part of an award-winning team of 25+ consultants who collectively speak 12 languages
- An outstanding team spirit
- The chance to work for an exciting range of brands and organisations
- An exciting and challenging role – with personal development and career opportunities
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover paragraph (in the body of the email) in English to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is 7 December 2020.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back