We are looking for an Account Manager to join our growing team in Leeds and work on a range of exciting clients. As Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of effective and creative PR solutions which surprise and delight Grayling’s clients by building strong relationships with the media and client teams and by managing internal teams and processes skillfully.
- Utilises knowledge of traditional and digital media to maximise PR opportunities, promoting the range of PR services available to clients, managing and supporting the Account Executive/Senior Account Executive in the delivery of their roles
- Interprets and responds to client briefs and develops effective communication strategies using media expertise, creativity tools and data driven insights, resulting in creative solutions and advice for the benefit of the client
- Contributes to crisis management plans and provides support to senior consultants
- Creates news stories and builds media relationships that will deliver coverage, using the full range of approaches
- Contributes to new business solutions, leveraging previous relevant experience, specialist skills and knowledge while merchandising Grayling’s offer effectively
- Assists the senior management team in developing long term client satisfaction by engaging with client service programmes
- Monitors the media landscape for new opportunities to sell in additional Grayling products and services to clients to enhance revenue and profitability
- Understands and manages the relationship between client service and profitability, escalating any issues to the appropriate level
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Grayling network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning
- Manages personal and team time meticulously, identifying and resolving time based issues effectively as well as assisting junior staff in managing their workloads
- Seeks out training initiatives and learning opportunities to enhance personal and team development, keeping up to date with client-specific media, industry and digital developments and applying this knowledge in their work
- Manages and develops junior staff using the appropriate people management techniques, resolving or escalating issues promptly and fairly, and championing achievements
- Supports the senior team with meticulous management and delivery of all reporting and administration using the appropriate business processes
- Develops a personal network of internal and external industry contacts, identifying new business opportunities resulting from these contacts to the benefit of the Grayling business
Scope of role
A range of account relationships of various sizes in local markets. Some clients may be international.
Internal – account team and other department members, colleagues across the business, including international. May manage 1 to 3 junior staff.
External – client team, journalists and media professionals, suppliers
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of both traditional and digital public relations
- Digitally savvy
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Commercially aware and decisive
- Confident networker
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational team player
- Personal drive and passion for the industry
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and recommend a practical response
What you can expect?
You can expect an energetic working environment in our Leeds office, which is situated on the riverside and is a short walk from all our lively city has to offer. You’ll get great exposure to some major household names from the get-go, including M&S, HSBC, Visa and First Bus.
We plan regular team socials to get out of the office and try something new, and we finish early on Fridays. Other benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working, free fruit, a company pension scheme, discounted gyms and an increasing holiday scheme up to 30 days.
We encourage personal development and will set out a clear career path for you. From day one you will be given autonomy and exposure to our interesting and varied clients. You’ll also be able to sign up to our range of training workshops, from writing courses to sessions on commercial finance, resilience, creativity and many more! Hosted around our office network, they’re also a great opportunity to meet colleagues from across the UK.
The employee is expected to exhibit Grayling’s values: Curious, Connected, Committed
Grayling is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We highly value diversity at our company.
Policies and procedures
The employee is expected to uphold, safeguard and promote the organisation’s values and philosophies relating particularly to ethics, environment, people and community as referenced in the Grayling company guidelines.
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back