Account Director/Senior Account Director/Associate Director
Based in Grayling’s Engage practice, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of engagement and communications activity. The role will involve promoting the Engage practice within the industry.
The Engage division works with clients in a range of sectors including property, regeneration, infrastructure and health, and is focused on delivering best-in-class community and stakeholder engagement.
Join the UK’s best-connected agency, winner of this year’s Best Place to Work by PRWeek.
You will have a collaborative approach to team management, leading by example and helping teams to deliver exceptional results. This role will be client-facing from day one, so you’ll have the confidence and gravitas to build a strong rapport with senior clients, stakeholders and colleagues quickly.
You will also have a good head for new business: identifying opportunities to grow existing client accounts; mining your network for new leads; participating in chemistry meetings; and contributing significantly to the production and delivery of new business proposals and pitches.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- At least five years of experience delivering community and stakeholder engagement projects either in an agency or an in-house role
- Sharp business and community & stakeholder engagement acumen to quickly determine short and long-term priorities for self and junior team members to ensure all client needs are met
- Experienced in managing and working on a diverse range of sectors and accounts
- Strategic, analytical thinker with the initiative to see a programme through from start to finish
- Confident networker – adept at staying in touch with key decision makers and contacts
- Ability to digest and organise large volumes of information quickly, and stay abreast of ever-changing political and social developments that may affect client work
- Strong understanding of workings of both traditional PR and PA
- Experience delivering integrated campaigns
- Curious – a desire to learn, improve, apply new knowledge and develop self
- Excellent grasp of clients’ marketplaces, audiences and routes to market
- Incisive, creative and strategic problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly commercially astute and decisive
- Organised with ability to juggle multiple and changing priorities
- Supportive, inspiring and motivational leader
- Self-aware and able to adapt personal style and approach to clients and team
- Calm and authoritative in response to issues or crisis
- Digitally savvy
Competitive – dependent on experience
We are incredibly proud to have been selected as winner of PRWeek’s Best Places to Work. We hugely value our brilliant colleagues and work hard to provide the best possible working environment.Apply now
Thank you for applying to Grayling!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.Go back